Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Monster House



The Good:

The animation was pretty good - though far more cartoony than I tend to like these days.

Great voice acting.

Solid overall story with something everyone, even adults can identify with. I mean - come on - who didn't have that house in their neighborhood whose yard you just DID NOT go into - not even on a dare.

I think this teaches a very good lesson for kids - which can't be said for a lot of today's kid oriented films - animated or not.

The Bad:
It's no Pixar.

I think it was a little to scary at times for the age to which it was marketed. I know if I was the age it appeared to be geared toward, I would have been super freaked out after seeing it.

All in all:
Worth seeing - but not in the rush out and get it kind of way. Good solid just chilling on the weekend and want to watch something fun faire though.

No comments: