Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hellboy: Sword of Storms



I'm a big fan of the Hellboy series so I couldn't resist checking out the animated version of a comic story I was already familiar with.


The Good:
The animation was good and did justice to Mignola's original comic.

I love Hellboy's dry sense of humor in the face of - well - pretty much anything that goes bump in the night.

Ron Perlman - 'nuff said.


The Bad:
I just don't like Selma Blair - there - I've said it. I think she's a horrible actress and no where near what Liz was intended to be. Even in non "live action" I still don't want her to be there.


All in All:
If you like Hellboy - go for it, great film and a few of my favorite Hellboy tales. If you don't like Hellboy - then clearly you are insane - but this is not for you.

3 comments:

Pope said...

I agree (except I am not anti-Selma Blair).

Frayed One said...

Haha - well Pope, most men aren't :)

Incidentally, did you ever read the comics? It was the comics that shaped my idea of what Liz should be and I think - more so than Selma herself - what makes me so ambivalent to her portrayal of that character.

Pope said...

I actually never read the comics. They are on my "I Should Read" short list though.