Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day Watch



The Good:

The contrast between light and dark (not to be confused with good and evil) is brilliantly done here as in Night Watch.

The color, cinematography and effects were beautiful to watch.

I have become a big fan of Konstantin Khabensky just due to these films. The gritty humanity of Anton is really what draws you in - though everything else is amazing as well.

I also enjoy Galina Tyunina as Olga. The sequences between she and Anton are always entertaining.


The Bad:
I didn't like Svetlana when she was a minor part of the first film, and I liked her even less as a major part of the second.

I felt this film was much less powerful than Night Watch. It was by no means a bad film, and is worth seeing if you have seen the first - but it just wasn't as good.

What happened to the artistic subtitles? If you've seen the first film - you'll know what I mean.

1 comment:

Pope said...

We are in total agreement here.