Friday, May 16, 2008

Across The Universe



Across The Universe Trailer - video powered by Metacafe


The Good:
It was a beautiful movie. The colors were vibrant and the cinematography was spot on.

Great plot - although it was based on historical reality so it's kind of hard to go wrong.

I thought Jim Sturgess, who played Jude, was amazing.

The soundtrack was fantastic. It's Beatles songs we're all familiar with, but covered in a way that is at the very least good and in some cases absolutely fantastic (see Dana Fuchs' cover of Helter Skelter - her voice is AMAZING).

The Bad:
It is a musical, but a very accessible one. I felt I needed to put it down as a "negative" only because some people are very turned off by musicals. I would still HIGHLY recommend this film - but just wanted to throw that out there.

Over all:
I very much enjoyed this film. I can see why it got so much critical acclaim. It made you feel something genuine, which is a rarity with modern cinema most of the time.

No comments: