Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl



I realized that I never bothered to write a review of the original Pirates. Figured I'd toss one up.

The Good:
There was actually a lot about this film that was very good - which surprised me I will admit.

Johnny Depp was amazing. If you are a Depp fan, and if not I say shame on you, then this is a must see. He is fantastic.

Geoffrey Rush
, also fantastic.

The effects were actually stunning at times, which is a lot for someone like me who isn't big on effects most of the time.

The Bad:
Disney Movie.

Disney Movie based on a theme park ride.

Over All:
This movie was a lot of fun. Being that as above noted it was based on a theme park ride in Disney World, that came as a huge surprise with me. I was actually invited to see this in the theatre several times and always passed. I finally saw it on DVD and was blown away. I went into it expecting nothing and was surprised to have a lot of fun instead. I am rarely surprised when I expect nothing from a film so this one gets bonus points for actually proving me wrong - for the most part.

No comments: